This is where I will try to post, as often as I can, on beer topics that are related to my beer, the beer I drink, and my beer education.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Lab and Brewing Discussion

This morning was our first lab day. At first I thought it to be a bit of a waste of time, since the only reason to show up was for them to give us our schedule and make sure we could find the place. It is a 3 hour period, but we were done in less than half an hour. Of course two of the students showed up as the rest of the class was on the way out the door. Turns out that they were right about the lab classroom being kind of tough to find, or maybe our class just always contains one or two or those "types". This also gave me a 3 1/2 hour lunch to study for the afternoon brewing discussion, I managed to squeeze in a half hour nap, it was lovely.
Apparently it is not really an option for us to park on campus, the parking permits being so horrendous. So it is recommended for us to either walk, bike or take the bus. I chose to throw my bike in the trunk and drive to the brewery as usual, then bike to campus from there. It only took me 12 minutes to bike there, and it was nice to actually feel a bit like a UC Davis student for the first time. Less than half the class decided to ride bikes though (keep in mind the rest of the class lives within 1 or 2 miles from the brewery and the campus, where myself and one other student live 30 minutes away [he used the bike in the trunk trick too]). A few people drove cars today and parked in meters. But the funniest part of my morning was watching the three boys that live together pile out of a minivan in front of the Lab building, it seems that one of there moms lives near by.
The brewing discussion went pretty well as we continued our study questions concerning yeast and fermentation.

4 Comments:

Blogger Westy said...

all this talk about yeast and fermintation...

I think you should name one of your 'notso successful' attempts Mono-Stout 7.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Andy said...

so ... wrong.

12:39 PM

 
Blogger Deez Nutz said...

ah man thats funny john!

12:49 PM

 
Blogger Nickel Plated Bullet (LB) said...

The only problem with that logic is that your competitor will be coming out with ....ah hell! I can't beat that.

8:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home