This is where I will try to post, as often as I can, on beer topics that are related to my beer, the beer I drink, and my beer education.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Day 40, Final Exam and Banquet

The final went pretty well, but studying for it was grueling. There were 8 questions and we had to answer 6 of them. There were only 2 questions that I answered that I did not feeling very confident answering, but overall I feel very good. And it was quite satisfying handing in my 15 pages of essay answers, it was kind of heavy. Afterwards we had a banquet, lunch and beer, and an awards ceremony. I ended up missing the awards ceremony (they gave me my Certificate and UC Davis logo cup on my way out the door), because I had to leave slightly early for an interview with Deschutes Brewing Company. Deschutes is offering 3 two-week internships to people in my class. The internship is unpaid, but it would be an awesome opportunity, plus free beer.
So I am now officially done with the first part of my program. Yeah!

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Congrats! Good luck with the Deschutes bit too. I'm not sure if you heard from Lindsey, but Rogue is hiring a brewer at their Astoria pub (new).

http://www.rogue.com/news-events.html

9:22 AM

 
Blogger Deez Nutz said...

Good luck on the Deschutes internship!

1:08 PM

 
Blogger joemonkey said...

I gave Rogue a call, unfortunately the only available brewery position is on the bottling line in Newport. Not exactly what I had in mind.

7:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home