This is where I will try to post, as often as I can, on beer topics that are related to my beer, the beer I drink, and my beer education.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Day 30, 5th brewing exam

The question on drawing and describing all the structures and their roles during fermentation involving the yeast cell as seen under an electron microscope totally caught me off guard. He only went over it in class for about 2 minutes, so I did not study it for too long. I was able to draw most of it, but I know I forgot some stuff. The other question on describing the proper methods for the propagation of yeast from a preserved culture went really well.
Next Thursday is our field trip to Sierra Nevada Brewing in Chico. If anyone wants to know any details about their processes, let me know soon so I can ask while I am up there. The following Tuesday we visit the AB plant in Fairfield (I have been told that this one will be the less exciting trip of the two, go figure).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home