This is where I will try to post, as often as I can, on beer topics that are related to my beer, the beer I drink, and my beer education.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

1st class of second semester

Today was our first day back after last semester. We were given the last two days off from class as a small break. It was nice not studying for a few days. On Saturday I brewed beer with my class. We are taking turns making our own batches using the really cool all grain system. This last one was mine, I chose a nut brown, since I've never yet made a brown ale. It went really well, the beer turned out slightly darker and higher in starting gravity than I originally intended, but it is the first step of a learning experience.
I heard back from Deschutes, I did not get the internship. There were 7 students applying, and 3 of them got 2 week internships. Good for them.
The structure of our brewing sciences lecture for this semester are completely different. Since we all have a solid foundation, we are now able to just have many successive hour-long discussions as a class on IBD Exam related topics. So far, we have continued to discuss our most recently covered material, yeast fermentation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Meh - I hear Deschutes is changing the recipes on their beers anyway - and they're getting rid of Quail Springs IPA. Who needs 'em?

6:49 AM

 
Blogger Westy said...

I should stop reading this blog. It's ruining the MAGIC of beer.

8:19 AM

 
Blogger Christopher Hughes said...

Lindsay should be able to fill you in on Yeast fermentation

YEASTIES!

11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home