This is where I will try to post, as often as I can, on beer topics that are related to my beer, the beer I drink, and my beer education.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

I definitely find joy in both beer and snack food, but after working in a grocery store all weekend watching people's buying habits and listening to their lack of original thought, I find it hard to support this glorified debauchery of advertising that the SuperBowl has become. Didn't it used to be about following your favorite and/or strongest teams, and rooting for their victory in the Championship game? Half the people in line today, buying large buckets of guacamole, salsa, chips and beer, didn't even know who was playing. The way I see it, these people are either supporting the game or the advertising by buying these products on these particular days. If they are not supporting the game, then they grievously grating on my nerves. And one of these particular people was a female, who had just had her nails done next door. Apparently the nails were still drying, because she was having severe difficulty pulling the money out of her wallet (I politely refused to help her out with this dilemma, and simply watched her struggle, and focused my efforts on not laughing or telling her what I really thought).
That said, and with Seattle being my hometown, I sincerely hope they win tomorrow, but I have no intention of watching the game. And I am quite certain that working tomorrow morning and afternoon will not change my feelings.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

This sort of mirrors a few comments from the bucket, and I really couldn't give a rat's ass about the game because I just don't like football and I can't stand announcers. But I have always enjoyed being with friends who do enjoy it, especially when there is beer involved. I'm probably going to float in and out while Michelle and Jason watch, but like I said, I've only invested a rat's ass on the deal. Plus, I've got homework.

1:22 PM

 
Blogger joemonkey said...

Ya, I wish it was possible to hang out with you guys, or those in B'ham. Lindsay and I both got invited to parties from people at our works, but we decided to just come home, and have a few beers while watching a movie and periodically checking the score on espn.com. Plus, we both worked this morning and we're tired.

6:43 PM

 
Blogger Westy said...

My ears bleed from all this blasphemy!

8:03 AM

 
Blogger alaspooryorik said...

I almost wish I hadn't watched it now. It was painful.

1:09 PM

 
Blogger Christopher Hughes said...

Thank you class. That concludes anti-establishment 101. Be sure to read tommorrows lesson; Bitterness you you

10:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home