This is where I will try to post, as often as I can, on beer topics that are related to my beer, the beer I drink, and my beer education.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Day 17, Sensory Evaluation and Brewing Science

Water Quality. How can such a useful subject be so unbelievably boring? Well, the morning lecture was anyway. After our pre-lunch beer tasting, the afternoon session on water quality somehow became much more interesting. The frame of mind can obviously have an amazing effect. The focus of the material was on pH, hardness and alkalinity of water.
Its crazy to me how many ways brewers try to reduce, reuse, and recycle water and other materials. Their reasons for doing so are to save money and increase public image. Why does saving the environment never make the list?

2 Comments:

Blogger alaspooryorik said...

Water conservation isn't really all that important. Hell, our enviromental policies are promoting tons of new clean water sources by melting all of the currently useless ice.

10:44 AM

 
Blogger joemonkey said...

Aaaahhhhgggg!

3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home